Haathi Note Master – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I run the Windows software on the Mac?
Software from us, such as Haathi Note Master, Haathi Carnatic Editor and Haathi MediaMark only work on Windows. They do not natively run on a Mac. If you don’t have a PC, your options are:
Option 1: If you have a powerful enough Mac, you can run Windows on the Mac alongside the Mac OS & Mac applications. This is done using a virtualization software called Parallels, which lets you run the entire Windows operating system inside a window in the Mac (and of course also as a full screen application). You need to buy Parallels and you also need to buy a Windows license. Then you install the Windows operating system as a virtual machine using Parallels. Then you can install the Haathi software (or any other Windows software you wish) onto that installation of Windows, like you would do on a standard Windows PC.
Option 2: This option is same as the first option, except you can use the free virtualization software called VirtualBox. You basically save yourselves the cost of the Parallels software by using the free virtualization software.
Option 3: Sign up for an Amazon Workspaces account and rent a Windows PC on the cloud. Or do a Google search for “cloud windows desktop” or “virtual windows desktop” and choose one of the many alternative options for cloud desktops. Then, install Haathi software on your cloud PC.
Option 4: Buy a low end PC. Often a low end Windows PC costing in the $350 to $400 range will meet your needs for software like Haathi Note Master, Haathi Carnatic Editor and Haathi MediaMark.
2. I am getting an error. Can you help?
If you get any errors while using the software, please do the following:
- Take one or more screenshot(s) of the error(s) you’re getting.
- Go to the Start menu, and under Haathi Software, select the icon for “Send Error Logs”. That will bring up a window and allow you to describe your problem and specify your email address so that we can reply back to you and engage with you to support you. When you click the submit button, the application will send us your error logs from Haathi Software applications that will be helpful to diagnose potential root cause(s) for your errors.
- After completing the above step, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the screenshots you took in step 1.
- Please give us around 1 business day to respond. Often we respond sooner, but please be patient.
3. How soon will I receive my application download links and license file?
4. How can I gift this application to a friend or a loved one?
5. How many machines can I install the license on?
6. How do I cancel my subscription?